Sunday, February 25, 2018

Real Talk: Food in Asbury Park

If there is one thing that has stolen my joy in the past, it's been a bad relationship with food. Now that I travel as part of my job, I've been making a conscious effort to eat healthier and more adventurously. No only did it work, but I've been documenting the meals that I have been having in different areas and trying local, small restaurants instead of big name chains. It's been one of my favorite hobbies to work into my travel season schedule!

Now that I've been home for a few month's and I'm gearing up to travel again, I thought that I would leave a few recommendations for me fellow foodies out there. First up we have the all-american food of Asbury Ale House and my personal favorite dish, the chicken lettuce wraps!


The one thing that has really helped me overcome some of my food issues is recognizing that I don't have to finish every bit on my plate. I used to feel like I needed to finish every bite, or else I would be wasteful and internally, bad. Of course that's not the case at all! There was no one in my life ever telling me that I would be a bad person for not finishing all of my food, and I slowly started to recognize that the tummy discomfort I was feeling was due to the speed and amount that I was eating rather than the type of food that I was eating. 

Now, I take the time to sip my drink in between bites, and fully chew and swallow as I'm eating. I nearly never finish all of my food, and I'm okay with that. In fact, I don't even take the leftovers with me anymore. I don't have a place to take them to and I don't typically have them with me for lunch when I am traveling on the road. 

It's a long road, but I'm getting there! And having the mindset of eating slowly has helped tremendously, too.

xo,
Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment