Thursday, February 15, 2018

Joy: A Working Definition

When thinking about starting a blog and what on earth I would want to talk about, the only thing that continuously came to mind was this idea of joy. What does it mean to be joyful? To find joy in the little, every day things? To cultivate a lifestyle that allows you the most joy? I don't know that I have the answers for everyone, but I know that I'm slowly finding the answers for myself. 

Blogging about my life has been something that I've been thinking about for a few years now, ever since I started reading over at Carly the Prepster (back when she was The College Prepster!). I was so intrigued that so many people wanted to read about her life, and I saw a lot of similarities between us despite a bit of an age difference. I was, and continue to be, inspired by a young woman who was able to find herself and her voice in this busy world. I hope to be the same beacon of light for someone out there, showing you that it's possible to find your own joy, rooted in your own life. 



So, a brief definition of joy, by me. 

Joy is self-care, mainly in the form of peppermint oil and Thin Mints. Joy is a fresh cup of tea and the Reese's your roommate brings your home for Galentine's day. Joy is waking up and loving your job each morning and calling your best friend on the drive home every night. Joy is the daily desk calendar with hand painted doodles and noise canceling headphones to keep out the noise. Joy is being appreciated by your coworkers and thanked by your bosses. 




Joy is found in the daily, little things. I've been working on finding joy in my own life and I hope I can help you find that in your life, too. 

xo,
Jesse 

No comments:

Post a Comment